Thursday, December 29, 2005

Power WHOOSH!

Here I kick start with power whooshing everyone who reads this (Clap clap, clap, 1,2,3 WHOOSH!). To those who have no clue of what 'power whoosh' is, it is one of the SuperCamp traditions (*hands flapping in the air*...*tradition!!!*) for acknowledging people. And of course, acknowledgements also come with snapping fingers (snaps snaps snaps).

It's been almost a week now after camp and I still dream about the time I spent in camp at some nights. Right, so what is so super about SuperCamp??? It's something you need to experience and there's no way I can ever describe the experience with words. Being a skeptical person myself, I was hoping that I'm exaggerating but hey, IT IS effective in bringing out the best of young people, and it definitely has brought the best out of me. Despite the fun, the academic, the outdoors, SuperCamp taught me about dreams and realising dreams...taught me about thinking big and living big...it taught me about life...taught me about love...

I applied for the team leader position not knowing the expectations of camp. There wasn't any job description or any reference to what I was going to do. By day 2 of staff training, I slowly learned that I have this 'family' that I can always count on and fall onto. Ups and downs during camp made our family bond even stronger. Seeing how much impact and empowerment the camp had on young campers was inspiring and right now, reading emails from young campers who are still keeping in touch and telling stories of how they have make use of what they have learned and applying it to the 'real world' is touching. By the final day of the entire camp, nearly every member of this loving and supportive family teared in a hugged circle, because it was the last time that everyone will be physically present in that same circle, because it was time for everyone to part and leave that wonderful experience they once shared. That moment was priceless.

The 8 keys and 8 rings, the Affinity Process, the AAMR and OTFD, everything learned will hopefully be practiced in the 'real world'. "Whashalie" , "LoBeSkre" and "Tuki-tuki" will now be left as memories. These memories will be carried with me everywhere, and if at any point, you see me laughing and smiling to myself out of the blue, it's not because that I've lost my mind, it's because my mind has stray down to my beautiful memory lane.

Inspiring fellow facilitators. Mark. Aileen. Scott.


Energetic Team Leaders. Steph.Desiree.Julie.Jason.Siew Lan. Keo.


My lovely Team J in Senior Forum


*pix: missing Emily, Sandy and Marcus ...and my Q-balls for Youth Forum.*

Waiting for more pix.....:p

2 Comments:

Blogger Astrorat said...

i am glad that you had such a meaningful and rewarding experience. And unknown to other readers (until now), i know you will be attending the next one (opps.. sorry secret revealed)

How about some nice photographs of the lovely people from super camp?

:)

5:25 AM  
Blogger Steph said...

astrorat...thank you:D, the experience was indeed memorable!
Here you go:) I've uploaded some pix that I've got..still waiting for more which i'll be getting them by end of january or february.

i would love to be part of the supercamp family!!...but as for year 2006, I'm not sure if I'll be able to attend supercamp, as much as I wish too:S ..guess I should work my way through with my own effort...we'll see how things go...

Mil...gosh, i've so much to tell!!! we shall have our hyena night again and exchange stories for this summer holiday! miss ya loads!

4:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home