Monday, November 28, 2005

Home

After days, weeks and months of anticipation, I am finally back to where I want to be. Back with people I long to see. That feeling of being home... is indescribable.

The day I was supposed to fly back to KL was a bit of a hoo-haa. Just when I excitedly prepared myself and others that I was going home, my flight was unfortunately cancelled and rescheduled to the following day due to some technical problems. More to feeling angry and frustrated, I was feeling deeply dissapointed. Nevertheless, I'm safely home now. These few days have been the sweetest so far.

One of the dearest person, knew exactly when and what time I was supposed to be back and was anxious and excited, was granny. It's really sad I haven't get the chance to visit her other than chats through phone. She, I know, is one person that misses me like nobody else. I love her like nobody else and miss her dearly too.

Family. I suddenly realised how much I actually have always been missing my family. When mom hugged me as I arrived at the airport, I saw tears in her eyes, which she tried and successfully held on to. She must have misses me as much too, or probably more.

Yesterday night, four of us gathered as one, for a few hours of family-heart-to-heart-talk. As dad spoke and passed down his final fatherly words to his children, I looked into his eyes and realised how much he loves his family and how much sacrifices he had done for us. Even I have, for numerous times, complained about his irrationality, for his over-protectiveness, the underlying reason for his actions (whether is reasonable or not) is simply because of this unconditional love for his children. I knew this long time ago. But when he spoke, it really sink into me that the time for us to be together as one family, is not very long afterall. Because one day, my folks will eventually leave me. And when that one day comes, they will only live in my memories and through their words. He told my sis and I to remember his words because it will be his final, as if he is going to leave us very soon :'(. Since it was heart-to-heart, each of us trashed out each other's strengths and weaknesses. Dad blames himself for not putting enough effort to make us a better person. At the end of the discussion, I can't help but to tell dad and let him know that all this while, despite of all his rigidness which I hated all my life, I sincerely thank him for who he is, I appreciate for what he had done, and if not partly of his guidance, we (my sis and I) may have gone astray and not be who we are today ( the fact that we've grown to be pretty ok compared to other people who are much worse off). Yesterday's outcome made all of us respect, understand and appreciate each other even more. As I'm typing this, my tears can't stop streaming down...

The dearest. The counting days which became weeks and then months was a torture for both. But both know what's deep inside. When they meet, everything seems brighter and more colourful than usual days. Even dead things seems to be alive again. The longing for each other makes this whole relationship more meaningful and it's this moment that both have been waiting for. At the same time, I believe, both knew, the whole cycle of meetings and goodbyes will come again..what will happen then? I don't dare to think. I guess, not until when time is near...

Only 3 days since I touched down, I'll be leaving everyone again for a camp (www.supercamp.com.my) out-station for the next 3 weeks, starting tomorrow. On one hand,
I am keen of gaining new experiences and meeting new people. On the other, I don't want to leave my loved ones again. The parting is always the hardest for me, especially when parting with significant people who mean so much to you.

2 Comments:

Blogger mythsn_legends said...

Wow.....very insightful and heartfelt. Could feel your emotions running through here!

Must make sure you tell me all about supercamp when you're back! ;)

7:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy New Year to ya!

- Jacky ~_~ -

7:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home