Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Ahh..rewarding

Beautiful Betty has been with the foundation for 7 years vs. DidiDolce with countable shifts.














Inside
Wonder Factory














Setting up for first play














Energetic
students from Griffith University














It's Nature Week in the Wonder Factory and today was indeed awesome. Students from the Griffith University came to put up three performances which made everyone laugh their lungs out, the kids especially. It's been quite awhile since I laughed this way. One of the funniest thing today was having this little boy who went spontaneously up on stage and participated in those acts. He was so tiny and cute, hyper and talented, he was so out-there, not afraid of people, he was indeed very entertaining. Those students handled this unexpected 'actor' who tagged along in their plays well and man, they were brilliant!!!

Besides being so hyped up today, I am happy for putting smiles on faces of two upset kids. Well, of course, the credit goes more to the *vollie I was working with. It feels so good to meet someone like her. I learnt so much in that few hours just by observing the stuff she did. She's so loving, so sensitive to the children's needs and doesn't mind to do that bit more to make the kid's day. And yes, that bit makes a huge difference!!! At first I thought she has her own kids, from the way she handled them, but no, she doesn't. She is so...charismatic.

It feels so different in Wonder Factory today as compared to my normal shifts on Sundays, which are way way quieter and not much entertaining activities going on. Well actually, I don't think there is any activities on Sundays except for the usual video games, music, tv, arts and board games.

I had lots of new inputs today. Meet quite a number of awesome people. Had a good time laughing. Learnt quite a few things. Feel happy with lots of satisfaction. It is indeed rewarding.

As much as I would love to capture pictures of those beautiful kids, obviously I wouldn't be allowed to do so, due to privacy purposes. So I was only able to capture a few glimpse of the scene with no kids in it.

*volies- term for volunteers used in the hospital.


2 Comments:

Blogger Astrorat said...

Your blog is inspiring! but i wonder what you think of all extra work that you have been putting. are you enjoying it? *it sure seems that way* but i want to hear it from you... do tell us all...

wow.. good job.. i enjoy reading your blog! keep up the juicy info about all the lovely activities that’s going on!

2:20 PM  
Blogger Steph said...

heheh..I didn't know that my blog can be inspiring:P..weee am floooaaating..feel like flyiiiing..hahah:p

anywayz, thanks for the encouraging comment.those 'extra work' ..hehe..i'll probably have an entry for that some time later *wink* so keep reading and check out for updates!

8:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home