The One Day Journey of 20 Years Life Celebration
This poem, which was dedicated by a friend, came together with a long meaningful greetings which reminds me the beauty of life, being born and being alive. Within the greetings, there were beautiful phrases and words which brought me back to the very begining of life, to as far as I can remember, the bittersweet journey to who I am today. I just turned 20 and the one day celebration of life was one of the most memorable. Doesn't matter whether it was a hug, a kiss, a call, an sms, a message, or dinner and parties, it was the thought that matters. Thanks to those beautiful people whom I've met, who I've known, who had spent a few minutes, few hours, to celebrate my birthday with me. It wouldn't had happened without them and I'm trully grateful for everything that was done for me.
October 25th 11.00 pm or so...
Last year's dinner was at Punjabi Palace and this year was Mandarin Palace. Wonder which palace will it be next year hahaha. It wasn't planned but we ended up there as it was the only dining place opened at that time we arived. Food was average but the company I had was great. Best part was we were the only table served and it felt as if we had booked the entire place for ourselves.
Took silly pictures and had good silly laughs and it was all good.
October 26th 12.00 am
Birthday song was sung in the car with kisses from special friends.
12.30 am or so...
Dessert at Pancake Manors. Birthday song was sung again. This time with pancakes and sparkles. Laugh with and at friends.
1.30 am or so...
Next destination was going to the Down Under. I suppose the only thing I hated about that place was that it was smokey BUT I had lots of fun with the same bunch of crazy happening friends. First they made me drink few glasses of this thing called the Snake Bite Beer (i think), and then dare me to hitch a guy, which I didn't coz' I was being a chicken (so what?!..hahaha). Down to the dancefloor, the same brainless aussie who didn't know where Malaysia is, tried to be kinky and thank goodness, we were 'saved' by the boys for pretending as our 'boyfriends'. How cool. Interesting haha.
2.00 am or so...
A long distance call from a good friend to wish me happy birthday. Since I was born in Malaysia, I so called officially turned 20 (considering that I don't know which hour exactly I was born) at this time as Brissy is two hours ahead KL. I was excited and happy and it was nice to hear the birthday song sung again from someone distant.
3.00 am or so
Celebration was still on. Drinking was still on. This time was Scotch Whiskey and I began to feel tipsy and sleepy. Just when I was lying comfortably down on the floorfa (as how the owner calls it since it's not sofa..haha), Bad Girls 2 was playing on the dvd. Man, it was erotic, especially the oral part which I think was totally disgusting. Yucks! So what we noticed was, the moanings were all of the same kind, and all wasn't natural. One thing I dislike watching porn, is that the important element of sex is missing. Love and feelings. Right. Maybe that is why is called sex and not love-making. Just thoughts of my own. Call me jakun? haha..yea.
Wonderful conversation with friends. And before I knew it, I fell asleep at 4 or 5 am or so.
Still able to wake up and went for class, attended the UQMSA agm. Felt headache and tired but the day must still go on.
7.00 pm
Left to watch a friend's competition at the Sit Down Comedy Club. It was hilarious! Only if you get their jokes. As for me, I laughed only at those I understood, the rest of the time, trying to figure out what was it that people was laughing about. Maybe I tried too hard or I'm just not as smart. Hahaha. But it was all good. Met cool people..Ooo and best part is, the entrance fee was paid for me (one of the benefits of being the b'day girl:p)by my friend who was funny but perhaps not funny enough to win the top three. It amazes me a lot how a person can appear to be quiet and serious in uni and you see the same person making jokes in front of a huge crowd. One thing I noticed about these people. They made others laugh for the not-so-happy life they led. Basically, they twist their shits into funny jokes, in which I think was really cool. Amazing how things like being divorced, or wife sleeping with another man can be joked about.
11.45 pm or so...
Just when I opened my door to enter to my room... SURPRISED! My lovely housemates and friends were IN my ROOM with presents, home-made brownies and cute birthday midi music singing from the laptop. Not that I think that they have forgotten my birthday, but I didn't want to mention it as everyone seemed busy with assignments. They were too sweet.
So we sat down and chat about how they were anxiously waiting for me to come back home (IF I come back since I haven't been sleeping in for 2 nights). Apparently, everyone pretended they have forgotten my birthday when I thought that they were busy with assignments. Hmm..sounds familliar! Ahh the similar thing happened to Wei wei's birthday!. As Tommy wrote on the card " surprised? we always use the same 'surprise plan' though but hey it work." Hahaha hilarious.
The gifts all come in different sizes but I LOVE them all. The brownies made by Mil was super delicious!!!! This time with caramel!!!YUMMmmm!!!
It seems like the celebration was on for almost 24 hours. Started off with the company of great friends, ended with the company of great 'family'. And it does not end yet.
October 27th, 9.00 am
Marie (our house-keeper) wrote a note on the fridge:
"Hey Steph, Your cheesecake is in the fridge. Happy Birthday for yesterday. Enjoy it!"
Ahhh..and it was passionfruit cheesecake and it's homemade..YUMMY. Cheesecake reminds me of home. Home as in family. Mom will get cheesecake for my sis and I (she doesn't bake) every year coz' it's our all-time favourite cake. Sometimes, Marie reminds me of mom in some ways. In some ways. Obviously they're incomparable coz' mom is always mom and mom although can be totally pain in the arse sometimes (just like how I can be very pain in the arse most of the time), is still the best mom i've ever had. If it wasn't her, I wouldn't be who I am today. Marie is such a thoughtful and loving lady that I would really love to know her more than just being our housekeeper.
p/s: Happy 18th Birthday to bee on the 25th *muaks*
I'm don't know if those who acknowledge and celebrated my birthday notice this, that I trully trully appreciate for what was done. For the thoughts. For the effort. For the time. For the heart. For being there. For being who you are. I may not have express it enough, but you guys left your footprints in my heart. Here's a BIG Thank You to All!!! I Love You!!!



5 Comments:
Hey hey Ching! It's great to hear you had a blast celebrating your birthday!!! INTERESTING...... ;)
Poke!I'm here yet again to bombard your smelly comments box to remind how old u r again! Mwahaha!
to mil, it's great to have YOU on my special day!!! your effort and presence (together with the rest) mean soo much!! as in soo soo much!!! *muaks*
to choo, hehe..thanks!! it wouldn't be a blast without those beautiful people...hopefully the next time, will be able to celebrate it with you:)
to jacky,...eh, no matter how much I aged, you'll always be that one year (or was it two?) older than me ok! muahahahaa~ btw..pooism rox!:p
dang girl, a long memorable celebration..which just reading about got me all "hyped-up" again! heheh
glad you had a great time =)
love you loads!~ kisses.
thanks girl:D and thanks for being part of the celebration too:p and Thanks for making it SpEcIaL for me..bringing me back to last year's memorable celebration too:P
*muaks*
Post a Comment
<< Home