The Finish Line
I have finally completed my final paper at the UQ Centre on last Thursday. It is my final paper for my final semester at UQ.Wow!
"My final paper for my final semester at UQ?" I am slowly digesting it.
The moment the invigilator announced for students to leave the exam hall, my very dear and significant someone sent me an sms that reads "Did someone just graduate! Yeah!"
I read it for a few times and find it hard to believe. Man, after 2 years odd away from home, I am at the finish line!
Yet, I can't help to think of the possibilities that I might flunk my papers and not graduate. Flunking one paper is enough to have my dreams shattered and my plans delayed.
On a more positive note, I might pass my exams with flying colours and raised my CGPA. My current point tells me that I am just slightly above average. Although now that it seems to be impossible, my hope is that the results for this semester would raise my CGPA, even if it meant to be just a little higher. I want to be able to look back and say to myself "Girl, you've MADE it!"
Coming to an end is overwhelming. It's a mixed feelings of happy and sad. Happy because I am looking forward to the next phase in my life. Sad because of the process of moving forward, which includes, leaving my hyenas and other people who are dear to me in Brissy.
Yes, to friends who haven't know the news, I am going home for good. I know I have been saying how much I love this place and the freedom that I have . I was even considering of applying for my permanent residency. But as time drew nearer, things has changed. It is not as simple as reciting the ABC. After a long and serious contemplation, I decided to go home. I dare to say now that there is no place like home. I bet some of you are nodding with me.
Life would be different. I am already anticipating the challenges that are waiting for me to be conquered. I am slowly preparing myself for this transition.


8 Comments:
Nooo! you're going home?!
*boo hoo hoo* :(
hope everything goes well for you then. will miss you...
HiPHiP HUrrAY!!!!!! iTz always GreaT when Exams are Over..ChEEr for ThaT!! But of coz, Not for the leAving part...... I'm sure Hyenas will mIzz U as mUch as u misses tHem...
Neway, we'rE aLL here ready tO welcome u Home... WElCome BacK!!
WORKING IN MALAYSIA IS TERRIBLE!! DON'T COME BACK, PLEASE!!!!!!
You graduated!! YAY! :D
Like Fara, I too am concerned about you choosing to work in Malaysia, but i do understand where you are coming from and the factor that lead to that choice.
However, like Hwei Chang says, we will be having the jazz band to welcome ya back :D
lets paarrtteeeeyyyyy!
steph...no matter where, no matter when, do not fret at the choices we have to make...everything has its time and place ;)
prepare, but do not anticipate.
stop momentarily, but do not walk backwards.
u've come a long way. u've grown so much..things can only get better...just have faith ;)
carpe diem! we only have so much...life is what we make it, is it not?
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! *takes out party hats and champagne to celebrate!!!
Glad to hear that you are graduating ;)
So you are going back to home sweet home eh? tsk tsk tsk.....
Best of luck in building your future in Malaysia then!
Hope to see you when I get back next summer! ;)
philip: I hope everything goes well with you too and hope that you will end up doing what you aspire for (from our conversation some time ago).
bee: get ready your poms poms, banners..also a cool music band or lion dance performance oh yah, have i mention the red carpet? that too..buahaha:p
farachella: hey woman! hope things are well with you. Appreciate your concern and I have thought about that. Trust that we're tough and we will survive..*wink*
astrorat: yea, you know me best;) Thank you. Jazz band sounds cool!! yay!! make sure you're part of the band too!! hehehe:p
dan: wow! lady, i am speechless. your words are so precise and comforting! thank you for that. *hugs*
choo: Champagne is good! WOohooO!!! Yea call me when you get back and maybe we could meet up;) Cheers!
*SillY RAAAAAm! SpellEd My beautiful name wrongly, and Transformed it into something so ugly.....
Post a Comment
<< Home