Wednesday, August 02, 2006

A Graduate-To-Be

So much had happened within the last winter break. Moving and adapting to this new place. Dealing with my psycho boss's crap. Friends who came and left. Played new games. Visited new places. Experienced new things. Formed new relationships. The days seem to be passing so quickly that it hasn't even sink in to me that uni has already been on for two weeks.

Two friends graduated. Convocation is really one of the most boring functions that I've attended. But having the opportunity to be there to witness and give support to friends who are dear to me beats the boredom. Hah, not really. Regardless, it is an honour to be able to watch their few seconds of fame on stage. But more than just the fame, it was the accumlated years of hardwork and wonderful learning experiences that paid off. I am trully proud and happy for what they achieved. Sure, there will be more challenges ahead for them, but knowing them and the fact that they have survived this far, I'm confident that they will go further than they ever imagined.

Few months down the road, I'll be where they are. It's scary to think about it because for once, I have no clue where this journey will lead me to. For once, I have no directions for myself and not sure where I want to head or how far. My goals have changed over the years and for once, i'm lost not knowing what my goals are and what my goals used to be.

As for uni, this will be my last semester for my undergraduate course and who knows, it might be the last in my entire life. Not sure if it's sad, but considering many factors, it is not impossible. So I might as well, live my last semester to the fullest and do things that I have never done before. I am, a graduate-to-be and I am hoping to make this moment the most meaningful.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

yay a new blog, ben a while la.

rofl! what the...where'd you get that hat?!
haha seriously you post the funniest photos on your blog.

2:09 PM  
Blogger Hwei Cheng said...

hEy...
dOn't worry too much siau lAnG...
I'm sure ur you'll figure out the right path sooner or later...
yOur journeY wiLL be a challenging and a meaningful one...trust ME!
*U lOOK DARN CUTE in dat outfit*
*WINK WINK*

4:53 PM  
Blogger mythsn_legends said...

Wow! I didn;t know that the standard clothing for graduation got a litte more creative! ;)

7:09 PM  
Blogger Steph said...

philip: thank u..I'll just take it as a compliment (posting funny pictures on my blog)..haha. That's a graduation hat my friend, and you are gonna be one of them who will be wearing this funny little thing in a few months time.

milo: Oh it's so scary but I can't wait babeh!!:p

bee: Thank you..*ahem ahem*, unfortunately I haven't been able to attract any hot dudes here (ahhahaa:p)..
thanks for the encouraging words too...let's hope things will turn out fine..*hugs hugs*

choo: That's called the thinking-outside-the-box babeh...I still think that Robin William's graduation outfit in Patch Adams is the coolest..the one with his butts naked!

3:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home