Sunday, September 24, 2006

I did it


People do different things to boost their self-confidence, their self-esteem, to release stress. Or people do different things to find peace within themselves.

And cooking is probably one of those things I do, like how my housemate find peace in her baking.

And I finally did it. Sweet and sour pork has always been my favourite dish since I was a child. But I never get my hands to cooking it until recently. With some help from my lovely friends, I did it. It doesn't taste a hundred percent the same like those I've eaten but it was pretty close to success. I'm satisfied. For a second, I felt like I've achieved something.

I aspired to be a good cook just like my mom. I am no where close, but I will get there. Eventually.

6 Comments:

Blogger mythsn_legends said...

OH MY GOD your first picture nearly scared me to death! aiyooooo
Wah.....you can cook! lovely! Now share with me the recipie please as I LOVEEEE sweet and sour pork too.....yum yum! ;)

4:27 AM  
Blogger mythsn_legends said...

btw, did you cut your hair???? Wahhh......chun!

4:29 AM  
Blogger Wei Wei said...

Your sweet n sour pork was yummy! Kepp cooking new dishes and soon you'll be an expert and can cook for your man, haha!

12:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow girl you can cook! sweet and sour pork some more!! must let me try one day!!! what's your next dish?

2:42 AM  
Blogger Steph said...

choo: yea did cut my hair ..thought of trying something new and turn out that i actually quite like it..thank u;)
haha we've something in common...we both like ku lou yok!:)

weiwei: haha will be more cool if my man cook for me right?..keke

puisan: yeah!!! definitely!! next dish..hmm...what's your favourite?

4:23 PM  
Blogger Steph said...

astrorat: *buek*

5:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home