Bad Odour- It's an Offense!

Nothing is more offensive than having the public to smell someone's obnoxious odour (whether is his/her bad breath, body odour, or smelly feet) and OMG, imagine if s/he is in a closed-area with you and having you to smell him/her? Yuck, this makes things 10 times worse!
Let's be open and talk about it. Many people find it embrassing and totally shut the topic off. But really, it would be more embrassing when people who do not know a person, know him/her because of his/her body odour or his/her bad breath or his/her smelly feet. And there goes their first impression of that person. He/She is either publicy or silently labeled as "the-guy/girl-with-a-strong-B.O.."
I had few encounters being in a closed-space with another person who has B.O. The most recent was today after work, when I had to bear with this super offensive smell in my 10 minutes bus-ride. If I must be on that ride for another more minute, I would have ended up having nausea and feeling sick. Yes, it was that bad.
If you're one of those who are prone to B.O. ( like myself at times), then be more cautious about this problem, and do something about it instead of shying away from it. Other people are not responsible to pay your price, so don't make them do. Here are some of the things you can do to prevent b.o.:
1) Take care of personal hygiene and I can't stress this enough. Shower often with antibacterial soup/shower cream. When at times, I'm out and there's no way to shower, what I do is either carry wet antibacterial tissues or mineral salt spray to "clean" myself everytime I needed to at the closest restrooms. B.O. is more often caused by the concentration of bacteria on skin surface, especially when we perspire. Armpit is the most prone area as it makes perspiration hard to evaporate and thus produce ordour.

2) Wear deoderant, perfumes! Deoderants are unlike antiperspiring spray.Deoderants doesn't stop you from perspiring but stops bacteria from growing.
3) Cut down on spice, onions, garlics, red meats... and I'm still finding hard on this one...but yes, it makes a difference!
4) Eat more fruits, vegies and drink HEAPS of water. Food like this helps cleanse our body from inside out.
5) Change clothes often and avoid tight-fitting synthetic clothes. Our skin needs to breathe and our perspiration needs to evaporate. Cotton clothes are fine coz' it allows our skin to breathe.
6) Bicarbonate soda. This one is a multi-purpose miracle worker. It not only bakes yummy cakes, it can removes odours! Amazing. For B.O., mixed bicarbonate soda with water and shower with it. For stinky shoes, just have few pinch into each shoes and let it rest for about 3 days, and your stinky shoes will stink-no-more.
Ok, this list is what I can think of on top of my head. For bad breath, brush your teethe often, gargle your mouth after each meal, avoid too much of coffee comsumption, watch your diet AND carry MINTS with you everywhere you go!!!
If you are one of those who are prone to whichever offensive smell, I encourage you to google and get more information and act on it. If nothing works, do consult a doctor. Now, you're not just helping yourself to feel more confident, you also help to make this world a better place for people to live in. Peace!


2 Comments:
Very informative...did this come from the chat that we had the other day? Heh heh heh...
hehehhee....partly BUT I encountered this again and IN THE BUS, AGAIN!!! it was horrible!
Post a Comment
<< Home