Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Tall vs. Short


Apparently, a few studies have shown that good leaders tend to be taller than short leaders (Stodgill, 1948). This is one of those many criteria how people chose their leaders during that era.

How 'interesting'.

I guess tall people may be perceived as being more confident, self-assured, thus perceived to be good leaders.

Of course, those studies are not valid anymore. Good leaders obviously have more quality traits than just being tall!

3 Comments:

Blogger mythsn_legends said...

wellllll....Napoleon was a shorty.....heheh.....

btw, nice change of background for your blog ;)

4:13 PM  
Blogger Astrorat said...

isent tall a matter of opinion and depends directly on ones cultural reference to what one understands as being "tall" or "short". A tall person to me, would be anyone who’s more than 6feet1. I am sure that a tall person for someone else might be any one who’s 5feet+..

interesting point in your article!

7:11 PM  
Blogger Steph said...

Hehe..yea choo..and I know few other shorties who are really good leaders too! thanks!I thought a change would be good:)

astrorat-Thanks, although it's not even an article...a short entry I think, in some ways, delivers the point:p.
Interesting thought...the definition of tall vs short differs across cultures and individual. But, the thing is that no matter what the definition is, being tall does not correlate with being a good leader. I think you'll agree with me too:)

7:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home