Friday, April 14, 2006

Falling Leaves


The title above has nothing to do with the memoir of Adeline Yen Mah. Neither am I going to start a memoir for myself. " Falling Leaves" can come in a thousand meaning. Its explanation may be explicit in such that it simply describes falling leaves in a beautiful autumn, or it could be used as a paradigm to connote a deeper personal meaning.

I have no specific explanation to what it means to me. But when I first saw this picture of a lifeless leaf floating on a calm and crystal clear water, it reminded me of someone I know, someone familiar.

Instead of a big picture of falling leaves, river reflecting foliage of trees and sceneries, this one focused on the details of an individual leaf. Lifeless, aimless, uncertain, only waiting for the current or the wind to bring it to wherever it may go. Its colors are no longer the same, and are no longer even. Some parts are brigther than the other, some parts are darker. It is no longer green but is dry and yellow.

I wonder where and how far it will flow, I wonder if it'll ever find its way. All I know is that, when it starts to flow, when it finds its way, whether by this spring, the next or the next, it will continue to flow and move on to a different form.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home