Saturday, October 01, 2005

"I love you but I'm not IN love with you anymore"

That was exactly what a husband confessed to his wife right into her eyes, after 18 years of marriage with 2 children. This was one of the Dr. Phil episodes, Desperate Husbands.

After watching that series, it scares to think about getting married, it scares to even think of being in a romantic relationship.

How much trust you can rely on a person? Do the "live-happily-ever-after" fairytale exists in the real world?

If trust can be counted on, then why do couples divorce, when the "Till-death-do-us-part" oath were once taken by both?

When a person says s/he loves you, what does s/he mean exactly?

It's so complicated.

And those are the ongoing wondering thoughts.

2 Comments:

Blogger mythsn_legends said...

I guess the best way to get an answer about this is to ask our folks...I too wonder how do couples stay IN love for the longest time. Rare indeed to find couples who are really into each other and in love after years and years of togetherness.... ;)

9:12 AM  
Blogger Steph said...

Mildred...I like your phrase "A leap of faith"..into the unknown. I guess faith is what matters.

Choo... I'm not sure if by asking our folks is the best way. Some couples are still together but not necessarily that they're still in love with one another. But I do agree that it is indeed rare to find couples who are still in love with each other after years of togetherness, especially those who are already in their old age years and still able to maintain that passion that they always have had.

1:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home