The indefinable kind of friendship
At six, she was your best of the bestest friend.
At eight another she appeared to be your best friend. And then there was a bunch of others who are categorised as your good friend. Even if yesterday they were your enemies, tomorrow they immediately gained their good, best, special friends status.
At twelve, another she was your best friend, he was your special friend, a couple of 'he s' and 'she s' are either in the good/best or special friends categories. And when it's special...it's that special girl/boyfriend kind.
Ok, shall not go on from there as it sounds a bit dry now. But the point is, it was so easy to sort your friends into definite different categories back then. Obviously, it will be childish (i think) if you were to spent your whole time now thinking of who's in what category. Besides, how do you define what's good, best and special friend? How do you know if a person is even true?
Yet, we still unconsiously set our mind frame to what sort of friends we want to have in our lives. Some are simply just to have a good laugh and spent time with (and no, they are not just simply, they are the ones who bring sunshine to your dull day) , some you turn to for complaints and advice, some are mere for networking purpose...the list goes on....
However, certain 'friendship' is just too complicated to define. Perhaps, only they who fall into this category can truely understand what they mean for each other even when things don't turn out quite right. Should you in the first place even 'fall into that trap' when you knew in the begining that, there will be and end to what had started? Only time will tell and the time has came.
I always feel sorry for those who have found their true significant someone but ended up going into separate ways for certain circumstantial reasons. In a way now, I feel sorry for myself and for him as well. I know I felt and still feels for him. However, at the same time, I haven't shed a tear ... maybe because it hasn't really sink into me yet and because that's what reality is anyway. Reality is, life is ever changing, too uncertain, too unpredictable, too fragile. Or I supposed I've long prepared for this day to come. Not because I have no faith in us, but because I knew it will slowly but surely come one day, and it finally came.
Refering the question back to me.. "why would I even in the first place fall into that trap when i knew in the begining there will be an end?"
To correct that question, first, it is no trap. Second, I did not fall.
I just took a path not taken by many others. And along the path, there were some footprints left in my heart that will remain as one of those sweetest memories I have ever had. The way I put it here may sound as corny and as cliche as it may be, but that's what it is. He realised my fairytale romance dream and he gave me a story that I can always keep close to my heart wherever I bring myself to. So incase you're wondering, I have no regrets for all the things that had happened. It would have been a regret I'm sure if I took the other path. If it was the other path, I would have probably live my everydays with the "what if" question. At least now, I know we both tried and it didn't work out. Perhaps one day when the road opens again for our hands to join once more, wouldn't that be beautiful? But if it never opens, then I suppose only those faded memories will live.


3 Comments:
Thanks for those lovely words:)*MuaKs*... I'm "hangin' there babeh":p
Woohoo...yeah man! can't wait for our next project!!! Yum!!
A friend once told me, "it's better to have tried and failed than to end up wondering for the rest of your life wondering what could have happened". And I'm sure u'ra gonna agree tt memories are built on a rock. Waters may gush upon it, waves splash around it, changing tides surround it, but it remains steady - unchangeable and unmoveable! We dunno y some things work out, some dun. But we do know they all happen for a reason. At the end of the day, memories are they that makes it all worth while. Hang in there gurl. Luv u always....
*hugs*
Thanks eme:)
This is indeed a complicated one..but I'm hanging in there and will always be because I think this is one that is worthwhile- it's love and faith that i'm holding onto.
Post a Comment
<< Home