Jappos are Bimbos???
What a way to start off a blog... uh huh, as the title indicates..
I still remember the days when I went gaga over Japanese series and J-pop, and of course, the ooohs and aaahs over hot Japanese dudes (well ok, I'm not sure if they're hot after all but when you are in your sweet 16, these dudes make you drool..for me, at least). And then there were those hot chics, which I later found out was as a result of plastic surgeries. No wonder they all have similar big round double lid eyes, much like those we watched in Japanese animes. I even went crazy wanting to learn Japanese language instead of learning the language of my own and went on memorizing useful dialogues just so I can show off to people to something I know that they don't. This just reminds me of the self-enhancing theory in social psychology- we can't help but to impress others...and showing off your skills is one way...hehehe :p
Ok anyways, one less-than-an-hour incident has changed my initial impression and my gaga over Japanese down to zero. My goodness, I can't believe how bimbos and inconsiderate they are. Cutting queues, and gluing themselves to the computers for ages when there was an obvious sign saying that each person is allowed a maximum of 15 minutes. And uh huh, this does not end just yet. A friend bumped into the same group of bimbos in the bus, together with other passengers including the elderlies. Seeing the elderly people standing, those bimbos could actually still sit and chat happily instead of offering their seats to them. Speaking about how advance they are, I don't supposed that they mastered the basic human social skills and simple moral values such as being considered. They just seemed so self-centered. How disappointing.
Then again, not all jappos are bimbos. I've met some lovely ones and they don't act like bimbos and being inconsiderate at all. I suppose it's unfair to take one single incident like this and generalized it to the whole population. Nevertheless, stereotyping is common among interacting humans, something which needs to be reduced for a more peaceful world. I guess it's time to learn, know and understand individuals rather than learning the population per se. Everyone is unique, no? I like to think that I am as well as the people around me:). I hate the idea when people you know, assume things about you and pretend that they know you so well when in fact they don't. I guess sometimes we take things for granted and forget the fact that people do change like how the earth moves around the sun in 365 days. Guess Big Brother's tagline best fit here, "Assume nothing, Expect anything".


1 Comments:
Yum!!!! yeah:D I'm already drooling now, and tummy's growling too!!! AHHhhh...and going CRAZY as well!!...heheh :)
Post a Comment
<< Home